About Me

My photo
23 year old going on 50. I take my carry basket to the farmers markets every week and Avoid getting a tan at all costs. I also have lots of tattoos. Two beautiful children and a "Hubby". And an obsession with cooking - moving into a place that doesn't have an oven...

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thursday Morning Markets.

Well, at least that was the plan this morning.
But when I arrived, my favourite big fruit and veg stand wasn't there. It completely through me out.
I went to the local fruit/veg mart instead, but I'm still a little out of sorts because they've completely destroyed my usual thursday morning!

So anyways, the weekly meal plan is as follows:
Mango Chicken
Chicken Laksa
Sausage Slowcooker
Chickpea Curry
Salmon - is what Pat wanted, but I'm not entirely sure that's what he's getting
Quiche
Pumpkin Pasta.

We have all the chicken and the sausages in the freezer...

Recipe for Mango Chicken:

1/2 red onion finely diced
4 chicken thighs cubed
1 tin mangos (drained, keep juice/syrup)
1 can coconut cream.

Mash the flesh of the mangoes. Then, add EVERYTHING into a slow cooker on low for 8 hours and you're done! So simple! Serve with rice =]

1 comment:

  1. So simple. bet it has so much flavour too!
    I hate when your usual stands not somewhere and it throws you right off...like when I go to get the MASSIVE punnets of strawberries for fruit salad and smoothies and the lady who sells them isn't there...I'm not paying shop prices when I can normally get them for a quarter of the price for 4 times as many strawbs...there goes my snacking!

    ReplyDelete