About Me

My photo
23 year old going on 50. I take my carry basket to the farmers markets every week and Avoid getting a tan at all costs. I also have lots of tattoos. Two beautiful children and a "Hubby". And an obsession with cooking - moving into a place that doesn't have an oven...

Monday, July 4, 2011

Internet Pen Friends.

I've missed blogging.
It's made me realise how much I rely on the world wide web for my friends.
I'm torn between feeling depressed about that and feeling glad that the internet has allowed me to continue building relationships with my friends and also develop new ones.
I think I'm leaning towards the feeling glad.
Not having the internet makes me feel as if I'm not able to recieve letters from penfriends that I'm used to recieving letters from every day.
It also makes me feel like I can't send my letters either.
I miss reading about other people's lives... As creepy as that sounds.
Reading other mummy blogs makes me laugh, cry and all in between. It is my time to sit down with a coffee and hear stories from friends that make me feel like I'm not alone. Stories about toilet training. Birth stories. Stories about children growing up. Reading foodie blogs inspire me in the kitchen. They are my time to sit down while I'm preparing dinner and make me think "oh, I could make that!" Reading stories about people's work day, that difficulties and triumphs of every day life - remind me that there is life beyond children. That I need to sometimes be more thoughtul of my friends who don't have kids.
Blogging opens up a whole window to friends all around the world (although I'm sure I don't have readers from outside Australia).
I don't even know what I'm trying to say really.
I guess the blogging world allows me to have coffee with the girls, every day of the week. We don't have to be in the same place, or the same time zone, or even the same country. They don't mind if my kids are being feral, or my house is a mess or I'm still in my p.j's.
Of course I'm not saying my real life friends aren't that wonderful as well. They are. My friends are the best I could ask for. they don't mind about feral kids or messes either. But one can nevr have too many friends, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment